Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A month of thanks: Day 12

I'm thankful for
1. Giddiness. Something happened today that made me giggly and giddy. I love that feeling. I was so excited that I wanted to shout from the rooftops. My shouting likely would not have included words, rather silly sounds only. I hope I feel that way again very soon.
2. Handel's Messiah. Rehearsals for Messiah started last week. Being so antsy today, all I've wanted to do is sing. I can hardly wait for rehearsal tonight. It begins in 31 minutes.
My gratitude for Handel's Messiah goes beyond the need for an outlet for my extra energy and to express myself through song. I love the music and the scriptures that make up the text. I love singing songs about the Savior. Handel's Messiah was truly inspired. It is glorious. I am grateful that I can once again be a part of the presentation of this masterpiece again this year.
3. Cleaning checks. My room has been messy for about a week. It has been driving me crazy. Unfortunately, cleaning it never seemed to make it into the priority list. Fortunately, cleaning checks at the dorms are on Friday. I'm leaving town tomorrow, so I just finished cleaning my room. It sure feels nice to once again be in a clean and organized space. Now I just have to clean the bathroom, do a little homework, and pack after rehearsal before I go to bed.
4. Four minute posts. I just checked the time. It has taken me four minutes to type this much. That's not very much time out of my day to take time to be thankful. It also is now four, make that five now, minutes closer to rehearsal.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails