Sunday, November 2, 2008

Day 2 of Giving Thanks

I'm thankful for
1. Pianos and singing. This morning, I woke up feeling absolutely awful. I think I'm getting sick. I went to Stake Conference although I got there late, because I was dragging. I enjoyed the meeting, but I left still feeling miserable. A girl in my ward asked me to accompany her for a special musical number next week. She and her friend will be playing violas. Her friend drove into town for Stake Conference and requested that we move up our scheduled practice time today so that she would have a ride home. This meant that I had to trudge down to the Institute just after getting home. It wasn't long before playing the piano had lifted my spirit.
A couple hours later, I went to my friend's house. Celia and I practiced the solos we were auditioning for this evening. Still not feeling my best, I almost ditched out on the experience. I didn't think there was any way I'd audition well when I was feeling sick. After a half hour of playing the piano for my friend and taking my turn singing while she played, I was cured. My spirit was lifted and I no longer felt ill anymore. We both auditioned well and hopefully we'll hear tomorrow that we each got one of the solos.
2. Laughter. As if my day hadn't turned enough toward the better, I went to another friend's house after my auditions. Eliza and I watched a television program together. There was a scene in the show that caused Eliza to erupt in a hearty, gut-jiggling laughter. My time spent with Eliza usually involves that kind of laughter.
3. Thunderstorms. Early this morning, I was awaken abruptly by a loud clap of thunder. It was more than a clap. It was definitely an applause of thunder. There were three lightning strikes right in a row that were followed almost instaneously by the rolling thunder. The thunder was almost deafening. Out of concerns for the residents in my tower and curiosity for the storm, I left my room and walked past all the doors of the girls that I assist. The doors to the rooms all open to the outside, so I was right in the middle of the storm. I listened for screaming or crying but found that these girls were very brave or they were speechless. I enjoyed the storm with four guys that had emerged from their rooms from the second level walkway. Unfortunately, the storm passed through town rather quickly. On the bright side, it meant that I went back to sleep rather than admiring the storm for too long. I do love a good thuderstorm.

1 comment:

the Lola Letters said...

I'm so glad you're doing this too - beautiful post(s)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails