Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Four days of thanksgiving

I'm thankful for
1. Funny memories. My sister and I were reminiscing about the week we spent at our grandfather's house in Mississippi when I was 12 or 13 and she was 10 or 11. We remembered ordering hamburgers no matter where we went out to eat. We remembered going to the hair salon with our step grandmother, Mama Wilma. We remember going to Elvis Presley's birth home in Tupelo. We remember playing outside a lot because the house reeked of cigarette smoke.
Casey remembered that Mama Wilma had long armpit hair. When Casey saw her using aerosol deodorant, she thought it was special hairspray for her pit hair. Hahahahaha! I'm still laughing. (She figured out later what it was.)
2. Voting. I voted. Twice. Okay. Not really. Not really about the twice thing. I did vote. At 7:15 this morning. I had two "I Voted" stickers, so everyone I passed (whether I knew them or not) said, "You voted twice?" Yes, I did. My opinion matters twice as much. My voice is much stronger than yours.
3. Marvelous professors. I monopolized my professor's time after class seeking advice on two particular problems. She listened intently. By conversation's end, she suggested that we write a paper together to submit to a professional journal. How cool would that be? I'll answer. Totally cool. I admire Dr. Petersen so much. She's simply marvelous.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails