Monday, July 21, 2008

Missing my heebie jeebies

Last night I got home at 12:30 after spending the evening at a friend's house. It was storming most of the night and was still a little rainy when I got home. I pulled up to my apartment complex. The apartment on the backside of my building is inhabited by boys (I think--I've never seen anyone enter or leave the apartment). They always have their windows open. As I pull up, I notice a dark figure through the partially open blinds. The light in the hallway of their apartment was on giving enough light to see only the silhouette. I kept my eye on the window as I got out of my vehicle and walked toward the building. Just as I got right next to the building, the person in the window quickly pulled the blinds closed. It scared the heebie jeebies out of me.
I always walk with my keys in my hand. Arriving at my door in a rush, I was able to quickly put my key in to unlock the door. Except I found that the door was not locked. Creepy McCreepster could have come in my apartment.
I couldn't shake the fear as I walked down the hallway to my room. Some creepy dude could be in my apartment in any of the five other bedrooms or the two bathrooms.
Fortunately, my roommate and her fiance were in her room. I unlocked my bedroom door and locked myself inside. Had my roommate not been home, I would have grabbed my pajamas and headed back to my friend's house for a sleepover. That is if I dared go back outside to my car.
You see, I have this strange fear. Whenever the clouds are around the moon like this, I get ridiculously scared. I don't know why. So with fear already in my heart, I get out of my car and find myself in the middle of a scene from a Lifetime: Television for Women original movie.
Now that I think about it, it's kind of a dream come true. I always wanted to be in a Lifetime movie. I'm glad it happened.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails