Saturday, August 16, 2008

Movin' on up to the East Side

I don't know that I would say this is a deluxe apartment in the sky. It is on the east side of campus, on the third level and nice enough especially for its age.
I got a phone call a few weeks ago from the Resident Manager of the dorms offering me a position as Resident Advisor (RA). (Why does advisor get the red underline? It is spelled correctly.) I moved my stuff over the last couple days. I'm still unpacking.
I'm excited for this opportunity.
I'm excited to learn/develop some valuable skills. I'll be developing skills in communication, advertising, time-management, intervention, problem-solving, etc. All of these can easily be applied to life and my future career.
I'm excited to meet some new people. I go to class with the same 33 other people all day everyday. I like my classmates, but I'll be happy to meet some new people as well. Most of these people will be freshman, but that's fine with me.
I'm excited to live right on campus. This means I will attend more sporting events, spend more time in the library, and likely never miss a rehearsal.
I'm excited to having my housing expenses paid. My room and a meal plan is paid for the school year. I'm sad that I won't get to cook, but I'm glad that I don't have to spend the meal prep and cleanup time. I can spend more time doing the other things I love.
I'm excited to park my car for the most part. Living on campus, I won't have to commute to school any longer. My apprenticeship is only two miles away. I plan on riding my bike every day it's not forecasted to rain.

2 comments:

Callahan's said...

What a fun new job! Living on campus so close to everything will be way nice :)

Tobler's said...

How Fun! Good luck with everything! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails