Friday, August 29, 2008

I am smarter than a 5th grader

On July 26, I took The PRAXIS Series test for Elementary Education: Content Knowledge. That night I had a dream that I got my results back and found that I had aced the test. I had a perfect score.
Since then, I've had a whole string of dreams about my results. I dreamed that I opened my scores in front of a whole lot of people anticipating a passing score only to find that I had failed. I had to lie and make up a passing score and pretend I wasn't bummed.
Well, the day finally came. After 4 weeks and 6 days, my results came in the mail. Not only did I pass, but my first dream came true. I got a 200--the highest possible score on the test! I qualified for the Recognition of Excellence, meaning that I scored in the top 15% of all people who have taken the test.
For you skeptics out there, I didn't believe it either. I was certain that they hadn't printed my score or that I was reading the results wrong. You can see the results yourself below.

4 comments:

Deneille said...

Congratulations...that is very exciting! I am glad your first dream came true.

Becca Summerhays said...

Wow Katie!! Good for you! Just so you know, I passed too. Not as high as you of course, but I passed nonetheless. That's the important part! Congrats!

brittany said...

holy smokes! that is so rediculously awesome!

morgan and tina said...

Oh my....ummm CONGRATS!!! Yay for Katie!! We should have a party for you in class. And you had a silly dream that you didn't pass....come on now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails